CLASS ACTIONS IN U.K. RE DAMAGE CAUSED BY STATINS

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

CLASS ACTIONS IN U.K. RE DAMAGE CAUSED BY STATINS

Postby JOHNSTEWART » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:57 pm

Hi all,
Does anyone know of any class action (or proposed class action) in the U.K. There do not appear to be any postings since July 07 on this. Drug involved is SIMVASTATIN
Regards
JOHN S.
JOHNSTEWART

Postby Allen1 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:35 am

Hi there John,

I think that everyone is waiting to see what happens with the Lipitor actions before taking any actions themselves with Simvastatin/Zocor. Once the cases have been proved about the damage caused by statins, then the door will be wide open for others to make a valid case.

You already know that the drug companies and their lawyers are as slippery as an eel and will have in place tactics or measures to disprove a fact and make any claimant look like a lying cheating gold digger etc. Fortunately people are more aware of the side effects of statins now, so I really think that it will not all go the way the drug companies want it to in court.

These are my personal opinions and are not endorsed by this site, anyone who has taken statins and has suffered side effects from them will know only too well the changes both physically and mentally that this poison can do and has done.

Regards,

Allen.
Allen1

STATIN DRUGS AND THEIR DANGEROUS SIDE EFFECTS

Postby JOHNSTEWART » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:52 pm

Hi Allen,

Thank you for your posting. What you say makes good sense (on a far from good subject). It will be interesting to see what eventuates with the Lipitor case. I wonder how many victims will fall by the wayside before justice is (maybe) done!
Many thanks for your encouraging words
Regards
John S.[/b]
JOHNSTEWART

Postby Allen1 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:10 am

Hi John,

I live in the UK, and when I had mentioned Statins and their side effects, people thought I was looking for an excuse for my problems but they now believe me when they can see the difference since stopping them 11 months ago. I now look healthier and my memory is a lot clearer than it has been for years, as with most of the folk here I still get quite a few bad days though.

The fact that people and Doctors ARE taking notice now when I say I believe my problems are caused by taking statins, shows that they have seen the difference for themselves or they have also heard/gained knowledge elsewhere about what statins actually do. It is good to know that these effects are being mentioned and that so many people have brought them to their Doctors attention, it will only be a matter of time before the drug companies will no longer be able to pull the wool over the eyes of the medical profession (I hope).

As with my other post, these are my own views and have not been endorsed by this site.

It is also good to know that real help and advice is always there for you from members like: adec, Brooks, Ray Holder, Biologist and xrn and everyone else who passes on their experiences on this site, a lot of which has been a great help to me personally.

Regards,

Allen.
Allen1

STATIN DRUGS AND THEIR DANGEROUS SIDE EFFECTS

Postby JOHNSTEWART » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:01 am

Hi Allen,
Many thanks for your further thoughts on this subject. It certainly helps to hear from you and Ray Holder and the others who take the time to respond.
Let us see what the future holds...............
Best wishes
John S.
JOHNSTEWART

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs