Jarvik on Good Morning America

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Jarvik on Good Morning America

Postby Dee » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:31 pm

You can view the Good Morning America interview of Jarvik, (Sorry, just cannot call him "doctor") at this link:

*http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/OnCall/story?id=4138702&page=1

As always remove the star thingy.

I read a good number of comments from viewers, hard to believe so many ppl are that gullible! Many think that Jarvik is getting a bad deal, Lipitor is great, and that Congress has better things to do. Very sad!

I hope you all view this and leave a comment for ABC News!

Thanks, Fran from Stopped Our Statins, for the heads up on this!
Dee

Postby Brian C. » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:50 am

"I read a good number of comments from viewers, hard to believe so many ppl are that gullible! Many think that Jarvik is getting a bad deal, Lipitor is great, and that Congress has better things to do. Very sad! "

Dee, those people are likely shills in the pay of Pfizer. As I've observed in another posting here, that company is in an end-game situation (e.g. laying off over two thousand chemists from their labs) and is aggressively fighting to maintain Lipitor sales to the bitter end.

When cornered they fight dirty.

Brian.
Brian C.

Postby Dee » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:54 am

Hi there Brian,

I hope your right. With the Business Week articles, the Congressional investigation of Pfizer and Jarvik, and the ABC interview of Jarvik, it has been an uplifting week, overall.
Dee

Postby Brian C. » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:05 am

They will fight tooth-and-nail until either their Lipitor patent runs out in 2010 or the company is broken up and they manage to sell the rump of the monopoly to an overseas manufacturer of generics.

Note that these companies are now "pleading" to the lesser charge of ineffectuality of their statin products via a drip-feed of disclaimers rather than admit liability to the horrendous damage they have caused.

Termination of corporate identity and legal farrago will be the way they will avoid the chickens coming home to roost I am sure.

Bye bye Pfizer, bye bye Merck......

Brian.
Brian C.

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs