Advicor Side Effects

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Advicor Side Effects

Postby cchemist » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:11 pm

Just curious if anyone else has had my experience. After about 7 days on the drug, I started feeling depressed (not a normal condition for me). By 9 days I was feeling so down, I didn't want to do anything and was forcing myself through my workday. My co-workers kept asking me what was wrong - but nothing was wrong (except I was on the drug). Day 11, I woke up with a backache from my backside all the way up to my neck. I was the last time I took it. The backache was gone within one day and the depression lifted within two. I think that medicine was poisioning me.
cchemist

Reply for cchemist

Postby sos_group_owner » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:30 pm

Some info you might find interesting:

Special warnings about this medication

Advicor can cause liver problems. Your doctor will test your liver function "before" you start taking this medication, then every 6 to 12 weeks for the first 6 months after you begin therapy, and every 6 months thereafter. If the tests reveal a problem, you may have to stop taking Advicor. Individuals who regularly drink alcohol or have a history of liver disease should use this drug with caution. Avoid Advicor completely if you currently have liver disease.

What side effects may occur?

Side effects cannot be anticipated. If any develop or change in intensity, inform your doctor as soon as possible. Only your doctor can determine if it is safe for you to continue taking Advicor.

* More common side effects may include:
Abdominal pain, "back pain", diarrhea, flu-like symptoms, flushing, headache, high blood sugar, indigestion, infection, itching, muscle pain, nausea, pain, rash, vomiting, weakness

* Other possible side effects may include:
Allergic reaction, anxiety, chest pain, chills, constipation, darkening of skin color, decreased sex drive, difficulty sleeping, dizziness, dry mouth, dry skin, enlarged breasts in men, eye irritation, fainting, gas, "general feeling of unwellness", gout, hair loss, heartbeat irregularities, hives, inflammation of pancreas, impotence, joint pain, liver disorders, loss of appetite, low blood pressure, memory loss, "mental changes", migraine, muscle cramps, muscle disorders, nerve disorders, runny nose, shortness of breath, skin and nail changes, sweating, swelling, tingling, tremor, ulcers, vertigo, vision disorders, yellowing of skin and eyes

Source:
healthsquare.com/newrx/adv1608.htm
sos_group_owner

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs