inform the public

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

inform the public

Postby David Staup » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:31 am

That's a good idea (AARP) but I want to inform the whole public. no one should be left out. everyone needs to know just how evil the sysyem is, who knows what "wonder drug "is next
David Staup

Postby Dee » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:57 pm

David,

I understand, admire, and support your goals. However, I do not know any media outlet that would be able to inform the entire public masses in one shot.

AARP targets one group most likely to have an imediate interest in the subject. Your talking over 35 MILLION members. The AARP Bulletin is sent to the homes of members, and I can name 3 homes right now (in my family), where that publication is laying on a kitchen table, end table, etc. for anyone visiting the household to see, so that increases the exposure even more.

There have been, over the last several years, more than one instance of statin damage published in the print media:

A Lake Tahoe newspaper about Doug Peterson and the neurodegenerative issues he developed while taking a statin
(sadly Doug passed away this past summer)

Smart Money (I believe this was the story of Sharon Hope's husband).

I also remember clearly a segment on one of the network evening news programs (ABC?) 2-3 years ago that showed the devastion of a man that had taken a statin. He had no health problems pre-statin (other than high cholesterol), but afterwords, his flesh hung under his upper arm bones like a water balloon. He could not get up off the floor with out help. Previously he had been an active and fit adult. His deterioration was so complete that you could not even tell his before and after pictures were the same person.

The recent radio exposure with Dr. Graveline and Dr. Whitaker as guests.

That is only a very few examples, I'm sure there are many more. The point being that it has been too little to enlighten the masses.

I really think that if the scope of the problems associated with statin use were exposed in the AARP Bulletin, millions of light bulbs would go off in statin users, and perhaps the floodgates would FINALLY open on the subject. Directing readers that feel they have had statin problems to the petition Jeff Cable started *http://www.gopetition.com/online/11757.html
would be very interesting.

Mentioning the Lipitor lawsuit by Mark Krum, the 3 books Dr. Graveline has written, goodness just think of the possibilities!

I really think that AARP would be an excellent place to start in the quest to inform the most people in the fastest way.

Here you have an organization the is very interested in prescription drug issues, the FDA, and legislation. All in one place, and with considerable clout.

One point made in a previous mass "enlightenment" attempt was how insurance companies pay for statins, then have to pay for medications to treat side effects, the additions of victims to the Social Security Disability program, the admission of severely affected victims to nursing homes...These are ALL issues of EXTREME interest to an organization like AARP.

You may have already visited this thread on the forum, but just in case you missed it, you will see that there has been a previous interest in taking action and informing the public.

http://www.spacedoc.net/board/viewtopic.php?t=498

AARP Bulletin area of interest:

*http://www.aarp.org/bulletin/prescription/

I hope this subject stays alive and that the resulting publicity finally shines a huge spotlight on the statin drug scam, and all the folks that have been poisoned by this unholy class of drugs.
Dee

Postby Biologist » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:50 pm

The AARP is truly an excellent idea if they will bite.

Excellent idea, Dee.

Biologist
Biologist

Postby Dee » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:06 pm

Biologist,

Thanks for the vote of confidence:)

I did have one truly horrific thought after posting about AARP...and that was "what if they accept advertisements for statins?"...

I found my current issue and found NO statin ads....thank goodness!!!

Also Consumer Reports accepts no ads, another good possibility to keep in mind, as statins are one of the most damaging consumer rip-offs of all time.

Dee
Dee

Postby cjbrooksjc » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:10 pm

Dee: Very succinct and well-structured argument. Thank you for taking the time. I'm copying this one into my 'topics of interest' file.

Regards,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby Dee » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:34 pm

Thank you, Brooks:)

Now, do you think we can all help David and his wife pull together an effective publicity campaign?

Perhaps take December to form a committee, gather peer reviewed research, draft a cover letter, form a list of those we need to contact, etc?

Then in January, launch "the enlightenment campaign", sending emails, making phone calls, whatever it takes to finally get something positive done on this issue.

I will do what I can, anyone else?
Dee

inform the public

Postby David Staup » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:11 pm

All,
I'm just back from visiting my daughter, son in law, and soon to be grandchild :D mostly to get away and rest.

As I stated eariler, we've already passed this on to Bill O'Reiley and have hopes that they will take this cause. We were told that they would inform us either way and as yet have not heard back from them. I think that's a good sign. I'm going to give them 1 more week. If, by then I,ve still not heard back I'm going to start on putting together what I think is the most impactful bits of the picture starting with the "Faces" of the effects of statins as described in doc's book. I want to put together both a powerpoint and video presentations to distribute.
If anyone has any suggestions and or expertise to share let me know
Dave
David Staup

Postby catspajamas » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:02 pm

Educating the masses is good but first we have to educate ourselves and stop believing that what a doctor says is "law"....my generation( am 68) never questioned a doctor...of course we didn't have the info the internet provides then either..It is still hard for me to question a dr when he hands me a prescription......and to refuse one....I went and got it filled like a little meak lamb....sure know better now...He may hand me a prescription but before I have it filled I sit down and read what various med sights says about it....I tell everyone about what statins did to me...and I am not surprised that they themselves or know of someone who had the same bad side effects that I did....AArp is a good place to start...their little paper is very informative....I think something has to be done to control the prices of any drug here....Money talks I guess...esp in Washington.
catspajamas

how about public access TV for starters?

Postby JL » Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:00 pm

Want to inform the masses? Begin with your public access TV station.
Once a month for the last 6 months, I have been giving a 5 minute talk on how destructive statin drugs are. Start there first.
Yes, and my next move is AARP since I am now in my 50s. Ive already attended one of their forums and will be attending more. I even voiced my concerns about statins and the elderly to the former National President who attended our meeting here in Hawaii. Convincing AARP how harmful statin drugs are to the elderly is an excellent goal.
JL

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs