My last visit with Dr. Langsjoen

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

My last visit with Dr. Langsjoen

Postby cjbrooksjc » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:20 pm

All: The results of my most recent visit with Dr. Langsjoen were highly favorable. After an echo gram, and cardio gram, prodding, etc, it looks like the heart enlargement is gone; my heart is back to normal size again, and the disturbing, out-of-normal-range pressure readings he found initially are almost totally back to normal. Seems the CoQ10 (and all the rest, I suppose) is doing its job as hoped. I DO feel more energetic and able, and the joint/muscle problems are fading fast. There are days I get the Statin's heel in my side, but those days are becoming rare indeed. I would put my recovery (optimistically) at around 80 to 85%. Dr. Langsjoen gave me a new Ubiquinol product to try; saying it was the best they had yet tested: Tishcon (mfgr) Active Q (brand) 200Mg Ubiquinol. He thinks it is available from EPIC.com - I can't confirm as I haven't tried to order it yet.

A disturbing piece of news though - Dr Langsjoen was found to have cancer cells in his lower right eyelid and tear duct. The resultant operation left him with a plastic tube insert holding open the duct until the tissue can resolve, and his right eye is sewn shut to prevent contamination. The eye itself is undamaged, and the prognosis, as far as I can determine, is good. He's in high spirits, but could no doubt use our good thoughts. That's the second bit of bad news we've had (including Dr. Graveline's ALS diagnosis), and in such a small community as our it's quite upsetting; he truly is a FINE gentleman.

Fondest regards,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby cjbrooksjc » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:23 pm

Correction: The correct site for ordering the Q-Gel Ubiquinol is - *http://www.epic4health.com/ (remove the *). Below is some info from Tishcon on the newer form of COQ10. This is not a promotion of any product, simply information.

Q-Gel®, the 100% HYDROSOLUBLE CoQ10, has been proven via seven separate relative bioavailability studies in human subjects, to be the most bioavailable CoQ10 oral supplement in the World! A relative bioavailability study in dogs has confirmed these findings. Additional studies have been carried out in rats to determine tissue uptake. Another bioavailability study carried out by an independent group has confirmed the superiority of Q-Gel over oil suspension softgels! In-vitro dissolution and cell-culture studies have also confirmed the absolute superiority of Q-Gel.

Regular coenzyme Q10 is too big to pass through the walls of your cells. Therefore, most brands of CoQ10 never even get into your bloodstream. Using a patented process, scientists have reduced the size of the particles of CoQ10, thereby increasing bioavailability.

The Tishcon site is *http://www.tishcon.com/coqgel.html (remove the *)

Regards,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby carbuffmom » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:46 pm

Thanks for the info. I just ordered some and will give it a try. I am sorry to hear about the doctor though. I wish him the best. Deb
carbuffmom

Postby Biologist » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:28 pm

Thanks, Brooks.

I will order a LOT right now.

My parents are both off of statins this year after years of use/abuse. Neither ever should have been on them in the first place even based on Big Pharma's corrupt / fraudulent "risk factor guidelines."

Happily ignorant doctors.

Both have more energy after being off (and using the other Co-Q10 you cited that I got for them). Mom's fibromyalgia appears to be improving. She is still unsure it was caused by statins. I'm not.

So take a guess what their getting for Christmas!?

Thanks.

Great to hear you are doing better!

Biologist
Biologist

Postby cjbrooksjc » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:43 pm

Deb: Great! Hope the results are good! Dr. Langsjoen's recommendations have been; for me, very reliable.

Biologist: Yes, I ordered a supply as soon as I located the site, AND, no heat, no problem. Glad to hear about your parents. BTW - Fibromyalgia was one of the suggested diagnoses when I was suffering so badly - I hope she's pleasantly surprised with the results of your gifts and your guidance.

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby Dee » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:31 am

Biologist,

I have Fibromyalgia, since 1986. I can see how your mom was Dx with it in connection with statin damage. Fatigue, pain, weakness, "brain fog", general feeling of being unwell...it all fits in.

I do not for a minute believe that statins "cause" Fibromyalgia, it is just that the symptoms are so similar, that the misdiagnosis is understandable.

I guess the difference to me is a matter of degree...Fibromyalgia messed up my life, but I still had one.

Statin damage is way more severe, and has totally ruined my health and my life.
Dee

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs