information please foot pain

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

information please foot pain

Postby g1g » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:54 pm

I never heard of this symptom and never asssociated it with medication. Sometimes the bottom of my feet are very tender. When I wake up sometimes I just limp around for a little until they get better or if I go back in bed and get back up about half hour later then they are fine. Also sometimes when I sit in a chair and get up the same feeling happens although not as bad but I was sitting for a shorter period of time too.
Are these symptoms similer to what others have?
g1g

Postby uncle2blade » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:37 pm

gig,
Welcome to our forum. Go to the statin side effects home page and look under Neuropathy. If you read some of the posts on this sight you will see you are not alone in the side effects you are experiencing. One of the side effects I have is like a burning on the bottom of my feet and on my hands. It is the most severe at night. I took my last dose of Crestor,Feb. 12, of this year. Although I still have joint pain and fatigue, my contition has improved alot. The earlyer the symptoms are recognized the better chance of afast full recovery I beleve. I took statins for 10 years.
One thing I would suggest, for neuropathy is a supplement. Acetyl L Carnitine. I take two grams a day. It seems to help alot. You really have to do alot of your own investigating when it comes to the side effects of statin drugs. Hope you find some relief Craig
uncle2blade

Postby g1g » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:14 pm

Please keep post coming. The more I see the more I have to compare to. Like I said I never thought of this as a side effect to a pill, I guess I contributed it to old age.
I didn't think Zetia is a statin. I know I was on Crestor and Lipitor and with both I got a pain in my hip that I actually collapsed. When my new DR tried to put me on another ststin I thought to myself no way. I am not going through that again. I started drinking this mona vie and at my next blood test the doc said it was going down. If it gets down low enough I will stop the Zetia too.
g1g

Postby uncle2blade » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:56 am

g1g,
Zetia, can cause the same side effects as statins, they both do the same thing. My symptoms got worse when I took Zetia. I too dismissed the pain in my lower back and hips to 40 years of standing behind a barber chair. I wii always be thankful that I found this fourm. For the first three months I jus read posts and tryed what had helped others.
Best of luck, keep us posted, Craig
uncle2blade

Postby uncle2blade » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:02 am

g1g, If you are not already doing so supplement with CoQ10 This is the enzyme that is depleted when taking statins or Zetia. Craig
uncle2blade

Postby g1g » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:53 pm

I will go out and get a bottle. I took some a few years ago before Zetia annd I never noticed anything. Do you know if there are any brands to get or any I should avoid?
g1g

Postby Ray Holder » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:15 am

Hi g1g

I need 800 mg of Q10 a day to keep my heart working. I have tried several brands, but had not found anything that worked as well as my Pharmanord, which is rather expensive.

I have just recently discovered Healthy Options Q10, which contains the best Kaneka make of Q10, just the same as in my Pharmanord, and it appears to be just as good. Even counting international postage, it is less than half the price of the Pharmanord, so I have more on order from iHerb.

Ray
Ray Holder

Postby uncle2blade » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:36 am

g1g,
The CoQ10 I take I get on line from Swanson,It's Ubiqunol Coq10. I take 600mgs A day.the Ubiqunol seems to give me less gas. I've tryed to get some feedback from other people on this sight on Ubiqunol without much help. It seems to work for me. Just make sure your Coq10 is in gell caps. It needs to be oil bace.

Craig
uncle2blade

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs