The cleanse

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

The cleanse

Postby shawk » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:26 am

Hi All,

I know I said about a month ago I would post the recipes and steps to a 7 day cleanse. I apologize for not posting sooner, but we have been busy.

Warning this is a long post

Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor or a member of the helatch care profession, I was given this cleanse by my holistic and natural Chiroprator who also happens to be a a certifed nutrionist.

This 7 day cleanse is for 7 days and is not only a liver, bile duct, bowel, kidney and cell cleanse to detoxify those areas, but will also help you start a new healthy lifestyle change. I am sure that Cholestrol will be lowered using the cleanse, but that is not its primary purpose. This should also cleanse you system of residual medications...it has not been proven, but I can tell you it is a very good cleanse and you will feel great aftr you do it.

It is very important to take vitamins and suppliment while doing the cleanse, the amounts, types, etc of suppliments/vitamins are up to you and your health care provider.

below are guidelines that should be followed in order to get the best and maximum effect from the cleanse

1) No beans, seeds, nuts, animal protein, refined carbs, cheese, breads, milk, fruit jucies(other than freshly juiced from a juicer),caffeine, alcohol, smoking, butter, butter substitues, margerine, sugar, sugar subs, etc should be consumed during the 7 days

2) You will be drinking lots of water, you should make it clean and filtered water like froma Brita water pitcher or other device, bottled water is fine. distilled water is not acceptable.
You should be drink 1 quart of clean water per 50lbs of body weight a day...you should be drinking this much anyway...there are 2 reasons for this...one, it will dehydrate you again, second it will flush the blood vessels, kidneys and bowels...I easily drink a gallon of water a day.
You should drink room tempature water and beverages at all times even after the cleanse, but especially during the cleanse....cold or ICED beverages turn fat hard in the blood vessels...this is why Asian cultures always drink hot team or room tempature beverages...I bought a 2 quart container and drink two container fulls of clean room tempature water...

3) Parts of this cleanse may be omitted or modified if you have other health related issues, for example, if you are diabetic you may not want to drink any carrot juice because of the high glucose levels in carrots.

4) Any freshly juiced juice from a jucier is acceptable to ingest during the cleanse...in fact fresh carrot and parsley juice with a touch of green apple for sweetner is known to be a one of the best antioxident cleansers that purges the liver and bile ducts of LDL and reduce the plaque and homocystiene levels in the body

5) To help raise HDL levels in your normal diet and during this cleanse incorporate lots of leeks, onions and garlic, which are known to raise HDL and lower LDL...7 days will not do it, but consistent incorporation of these veggies in your diet will make a positive impact...

6) You may not steam, boil, caserole, bake, or grill any veggies, you may saute veggies in light amounts of EVO, you may only season them with sea salt or pepper, or other non-sodium spices...you may not use can or frozen fruits or veggies only FRESH will do.

7) Despite public opinion avocadoes are actually very good for you and should be consumed as much as possible...Avocadoes get a bad rap because of the persception they are full of Saturated fat...nothing is further from the truth...in fact that guac you have with your fajitas could be the best part of that meal...avocadoes more potassium than a banana, have very low "bad" carbs and are very low in glucose, avocadoes are also a very slow burning food source, and because of this and there low glucose levels avocadoes should be in every diabetics menu and receipe book. Avocadoes are also one of the highest sources of polyunsaturated and monsatured fats in the food planet...I eat 2 to 3 a day I cut them in half and sprinkle on a little sea salt and lime jiuce...yummmy! guacamole is also very good for you(add cilnatro, peppers, onions and little sea salt and lime jucie and it is a great bordeom breaker during this cleanse...
Avocaodes are the perfect food for athelets and if you are hiking , etc, because they burn very slwoly in yur system...make no mistake about it folks..these alligator pears are our frioends...and a very yummmy friend to boot...

RECEIPES:
The below receipe is for a broth that you will drink a lot of during the 7 days, it can be refrigerated and reheated w/o losing much of its mineral value...the below receipe makes about 1 to 2 days supply of broth.

1/2 bag of sliced carrots (do not peel)
2 bunches of fresh(non-bagged spinach)
1 bunch of parsley
1 bunch of cilantro(optional)
1 qt of low sodium V8 vegetable juice.
2 qts of clean water

boil all greens and carrots in clean water unbtil you have a broth...remove all greens and carrots add V8.

The below dressing is the only dressing you may consume during the cleanse. Eat at least 8 tablespoons per day.
Olive Oil
white vinegar
fresh lemon
sea salt
pepper (optional)

Mix all ingredients.

THE CLEANSE:
I would suggest not doing the cleanse during a work week, etc, especially if you have not been taking any vitamins/suppliments but that may not be practical...she should also refrain from working out during the week of the cleanse...

**WARNING***
This cleanse does what it is says...you will be going to the restroom and having lots of bowel movements and urinating very frequently...this is why I suggest not doing the cleanse during a work week..

On day 1 you will want to eat something do not...on days 2 through 4 it may be slightly uncomfortable and there may be some gas, bloating and discomfort, this is natural..and will go away by day 5....the bowles and kidneys will move constantly during days 1-4 also do not be alarmed if your stool is oddly shaped, looks dark, is green, etc...one movement of mine was shaped like my intestine...that is how much stuff this cleanse took out... this is also normal...any dark blood in the stoolor water isis not normal and you should cease and seek medical attention immediately if you see this..dark arterial blood is not the birght red blood from rectal abrasions , etc...day 5 you will begin to fell much better and maybe even light headed...by day 6 and 7 a new surge of energy will be present....

It is easy to quit...DO NOT QUIT!!....this cleanse will actually allow you to start over if you will....it is also normal that you may lose weight...I lost 12 lbs and kept it off...I know some folks that lost less and more than I did...do not be alarmed if you lose weight...you will also likely keep it off....losing weight lowers triglycerides and cholestrol...

THE CLEANSE MENU:

15 MINUTES BEFORE BREAKFAST:
1 8oz glass of fresh carrot juice
1 small juice glass of warm lemon water

BREAKFAST:
1 hard boiled egg
8oz or more of fruit(no banana's for breakfast, all other fruits are fine)
3 cups of broth
all the fresh veggies you desire
Clean water
Vitamins/Suppliments

MID MORNING SNACK:
1 to 2 cups of broth
all the fresh fruits and veggies you want
Clean water
Fresh Juice

LUNCH:
3 to 4 cups of broth
large salad with salad dressing(at least 8tbsp) from above
all the fresh fruit you want.
Clean water
Vitamins/Suppliments

MID AFTERNOON SNACK:
1 cup of broth
2 glasses of fresh juice(your choice)
-OR-
all the fruits or veggies you want
Clean water

DINNER:
1 piece of homemade wheat bread, no butter, no butter substitue spreads, no margerine
4 cups of broth
large servings of sauted veggies in EVO (all you want)
large amount of glucose reduced fruit
Clean water
Vitamins/Suppliments

AFTER DINNER SNACK:
1 CUP OF BROTH
-or-
one avocadoe mixed in a blender with about 3 or 4 strawberries this makes a delicious pudding.

Ok folks there you have it sorry it took so long...If you try this you will be amazed at what it does for your overall health just not in our quest to lower our cholestrol adn tris...

Yours in good health,
shawk
shawk

Postby CABOSUN » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:53 pm

Cleansing and detoxing are a very important part of one's lifestyle, and I am just entering my second month of doing a colon cleanse and total body detox. the name of the cleanse I am doing is called Dr Natura. I had read about it for a few years and after doing various other cleanses and not being happy with them, I decided to invest more money and go with the Dr. natura cleanse. I am so pleased that did, because although I am 46, I feel like I am in my 20's once again. I have been living a healthy lifestyle for almost 10 years now, and I have used many products, but none have come as close to this one:)
Lynn
CABOSUN

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs