My Results Are In!

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

My Results Are In!

Postby CatMom » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:17 am

I made the dreaded trip to my doctor this week to break the news to him that I got off the statin drug and see how this other method is working for me..

In conversation, I just came right out and told him I got off the Lipitor because of to many side effects. He did not seem surprised and asked what side effects I was having. I told him of the worser ones and reminded him some of the complaints I came to him with WERE statin side effects and he nor I just didn't know it. I told him I was trying the natural method of supplements and how excited I was at what all this has done to my IBS.. I am now able to eat things I haven't been able to eat in 35+ years and I can now eat like I use to and it is all healthy!

He seems happy as he whipped out his Rx tablet and casually said "Well, we will try you on a different one, one that don't effect your muscles but works different"..... :roll: I smiled ever so sweetly and told him "Nope! I have had enough of statin drugs and want no more to do with them!"..
He accepted that without batting a eye! I was so amazed and I swear, the rest of my visit, he seemed happier than I have ever seen him.

The results of my blood work is in.. Total cholesterol is 253! LDL is 180, tri's 77! I am shocked! I really expected it to be a whole lot higher! I told the nurse I was really happy with those numbers and unless it was OVER 300, I was not going to worry about the numbers anymore. Her words were "Since you don't want to take anymore of those drugs, why don't you come by here and get a diet sheet on the foods you can eat to help you keep it down".

So folks, these supplements are working really good for me! I am thrilled!
This is especially good news for me since high cholesterol runs in my family genes. Happy! Happy! Happy!
CatMom

Postby ironic » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:39 pm

What supplements are you taking?
ironic

Postby CatMom » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:12 pm

I am taking those that are reccomended here along with "C" "D" and tumeric and cinnamon.. Been on these since I quit the statin drug in July and eating healthier than I have in 40 years.
CatMom

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs