Statin Adverse Effects

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Postby JL » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:26 pm

Thanks Ray for your article. Not only do we have to see that our CoQ10 levels don't get depleted when using lipitor but we also have to make sure that the CoQ10 that we are taking doesn't cause our sugar levels to go down? SO? Is taking Lipitor worth going through all of this trouble? Not only does lipitor deplete COQ10 but it also prevents our bodies from making cholesterol which the body needs in order to function properly and which is not responsible for heart disease. Why are we letting our doctors make fools out of us?? :shock:
JL

Borderline Diabetic - Statin related?

Postby garlicprincess » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:04 pm

Just catching up on posts and was interested to read about "borderline diabetic". While on statins in 12/2005, I was also diagnosed as "borderline diabetic" with a FBS of 102, 108. I was horrified, because it does run in our family Type 2 adult onset) and I had been working so hard to eat well, exercise etc.

Interestingly enough, now off the statins since 5/2006 and guess what, my FBS levels are 82, 80, 88 and an occasional 92.

Just wanted to throw this out there as it seems like there are several of us with this symptom/adverse effect also.

Here's to feeling well and recovering from the adverse statin effects for all.

Sarah
garlicprincess

Previous

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs