I got bagfuls of Zetia and Niaspan

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

I got bagfuls of Zetia and Niaspan

Postby bunnylady » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:58 pm

So went to see Dr. Baumfalk today- told why worry about knee replacement cause I'll die of heart attack first- he gave me handfuls of samples of Zetia and Niaspan and says he will fix all my problems- he gave me darvocet and something called Medfor- pharmicist said its steroids to help with the side effects of Crestor- I found the name of a wonderful natural type doc here in Georgetown that speaks to you for WHOLE hour on your first visit- and then uses counseling and acupuncture and massage- can't wait!

Was told my numbers are inherited and no diet or supplements will fix it!

Anyways my Zetia and Niaspan will go in the trash can unless someone here wants me to send it to them? LOL! :(
bunnylady

Postby Darrell » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:36 pm

So your numbers are inherited. Does your family have a history of heart problems or premature death?
I'll pass on the Zetia. Been there, done that, and wish I hadn't.
Darrell

Postby bunnylady » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:51 pm

I am adopted but did meet my birth parents- when I found my birth father (1997) in Holland he was about 75 and had gotten thru 2 heart attacks- he was very skinney and rode a bike all the time- he died in 2001- my birth mother is still live and in her young 80's- that's all I know

okay so I don't like this new doc either- I'll just tell him it made my hair fall out of something and i can't take it-

I don't know whether to cry or laugh?
bunnylady

Postby Darrell » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:02 pm

A little of each, I guess.

Your birth father and your birth mother both beat the life expectancy odds, presumably without any statins or cholesterol control. Sounds like pretty good genes to me.

Roughly a decade ago, my dad was on Mevacor just long enough to have a bout of TGA (transient global amnesia). He is one month short of 80 and heart attack free. His dad lived into his early 90s and was in pretty good shape to the end. Must have been all that bacon, eggs, beef, and lard they consumed.
Darrell

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs