I have an Angel in this forum

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

I have an Angel in this forum

Postby bunnylady » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:08 pm

I tried to find the post wherein someone recommended Flonase for my allergies and headaches that were exacerbated by statin treatment- I have had a daily migraine for 3 months- Last Thursday my Flonase arrived from Canada- its OTC there and a prescription in the USA and I can't get my but to the doctors- That Thursday I had the worst headache in my life- it took 200 mg of Imitrex to bust it- I started my Flonase that day and its monday and no headaches- I looked it to see if its medically known to prevent headaches and indeed it is:

Berrylin J. Ferguson, M.D.
Pittsburgh, PA
The patient who has pressure or pain around the nose and sinuses in the absence of nasal congestion or yellow nasal discharge almost never has a sinus infection. However, swelling of structures in the nose or of the narrow outflow tracts of the sinuses can frequently produce facial pain or a pressure "sinus headache" in the absence of infection. Nasal steroid sprays (i.e., Flonase, Nasacort, Rhinocort, Nasonex, Nasarel or Beconase) and topical antihistamine sprays (i.e., Astelin) may relieve these sinus headaches. These treatments are much more likely to relieve the pain and pressure between the eyes and in the cheeks than pressure or pain in the frontal area over the eyes. Frontal headaches and pressure are due to many conditions and rarely to sinusitis.

So for Harley and others suffering from headaches and wind tunnels going thru their nostrils try it!
bunnylady

Postby Darrell » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:27 pm

Darrell

Popping ears

Postby bunnylady » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:33 pm

It was You- thank you sweetheart- now that I read that I remember I had a little left over from a long time ago and tried it- then ran out- why did I wait so long to get more??? my brain is not working like it used to! wonder why! LOL!

Darrell- I have popping in my ears now- isn't that also a side effect- my poor brain and heart must be going thru changes I can't even see!

Patty
bunnylady

Postby Darrell » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:44 pm

Popping? Mine ring a bit, but they don't pop.
Darrell

Postby harley2ride » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:15 pm

Glad to hear you found some help. Unfortunately, I can't take anything with any kind of steroid...
harley2ride

Postby bunnylady » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:26 pm

Yeah, popping- its not really ringing- its like the pressure you feel in an airplane- its happens at night a lot and when I'm chewing
bunnylady

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs