Does anyone else find it troubling

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Does anyone else find it troubling

Postby shawk » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:14 pm

about the lengths the pill producers will go to medicate us? and then how far the medical community will go to make sure we get the meds?

For example:

I saw an ad on TV last night for a new combo drug....it was a one pill combo for"

<drum roll>
Hi Blood Pressure & it was mixed with Crestor :shock:

After becoming an "educated" & "informed" patient I found this simply unbelievable....

I was on beta blockers for 2 days(took myself off them because of the side effects) now to be fair it was not HBP meds but still after knowing what a beta blocker did to me and now what statins do....Holy Cow is all I am able to say....

Of course there are no major side effects :roll:

This one took the cake for me...

It is common sense for me now(thanks to this site and my own fact finding) that if Statins cause muscle problems that the heart has got be impacted at some point...why? some may ask

(Disclaimer) I am not a DR, nurse, PA, or any other medical practisoner,etc

Because is not your heart the largest muscle in your body?!

I was talking to a cardiologist the other day(not mine) and she was telling me how she found it very distrubing that her case load has skyrocketed through the year and she is starting to discover a single thread in her "booming" practice.....Almost 75% of her new patients have been on some form of statin for at least a year to 3...It troubles her, because most of these new patients are people between 35 and 40.....in very good shape except for that "dreaded" LDL score....now there life is wrecked because of the ravages of statin abuse...

She said she had never been a statin fan and she is trying in her own way to educate folks...I asked her point blank what about the FDA, the pharmo producers.....the Medical Association...Why are the unable to see this issue clearly.

SHe looked at me in a way that answered immeidately....I am sure she was thinking about telling me...silly little man...have you know clue at all?!

It seems to me the pharmocon producers want these side and adverse effects to happen WHY? more pills may be sold....obviously.

If you develop muscle problems, ED or other things the right DR will absolutely help you with his trsuted pen/pad than ever....

Sorry if this was not a relevant topic but I needed to vent...I cannot believe how blind our Medical Community is and how evil it appears the FDA, food companies and pharmocons really are....

I have been so naive....thanks to this board and other findings I am becoming much better informed....and educated.
shawk

Postby bunnylady » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:50 pm

I saw my first commercial on the new combo pill and I didn't know whether to laugh or cy- my mouth was open I know that

I've come to the conclusion they've decided us baby boomers will deplete the social security system so they are out to deplete us! (would make a good movie)
bunnylady

Postby shawk » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:59 pm

Hi Patty,

I tell you it is a conspiracy at best, but I do not think it is prejuidced towards only boomers. :)

I am not a boomer I am only 38. That may explain why I was so upset with my first post. I have a young daughter and I will be !&*^%$#@ if I am going to let taking 5 days of drugs give me LT issues.

Today has been a better day than yesterday, but I am struggling with pretty bad hand weakness. My fingers especially.

Hope things are well Patty...

Laters,
Scott
shawk

Postby CatMom » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:28 am

EVERYBODY profits from these statin drugs and the damage they are doing. It is super big business.. I also saw that commercial just this week end and I was blown away. To me that is the stupidist thing I ever heard of and it just shows their greed, trying to get a bigger piece of the pie. Lets wait and see who else jumps on that bandwagon of combining the statin with other drugs.

I still say that one day, this whole scam is going to get blown out of the water and it is going to be bigger than Enron.
CatMom

Postby shawk » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:47 am

Hi Catmom,

I agree 100% that they cannot keep the statin issues down for long and you are right when it is exposed it will be one of the worst frauds ever exposed.
shawk

Uk Gov list of drug problems

Postby Ray Holder » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:14 am

I was looking at the UK's MHRA( drug regulating authority) website, and i found on it access to lists of all the reports of abnormal effects of drugs reported to them. I looked at Atorvastatin(Lipitor)and simvastatin(Zocor).

It makes rather tedious reading, and is only a list of number of reports in a large number of categories, but it gives you some ammunition. I am sure a lot of problems never get reported. There two columns to a page and it is not very easy to keep continuity, and it is rather time absorbing, but it gives you an idea of what the official mind is given to examine.

The web address is ww.mhra.gov uk go to On line services, and then to download adverse drug report listings.

Ray
Ray Holder

Troubling indeed

Postby JL » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:13 pm

Yes, it is most troubling to see the drug companies pushing more and more dangerous drugs and the physicians also helping them to push it on us. I think some physicians see the pattern of side effects and are getting bothered by it but the bottom line is that they are too scared to blow the whistle. I just got me a copy of Doc Graveline's book and I will be sharing it with my mom's cardiologist and my own doctor.I will also be writing a letter to the editor in our local newspaper about lipitor and its side effects.
These are the only things I can do as a person to get the word out. :(
JL
JL

Postby shawk » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:33 am

JL-

The largest issue with the FDA, Pharamacons, insurance companies and Medical Community is simple...

It is nothing but $$$$$

I am sure there are hundreds of Dr's out there that now how damaging statins and other medication is, but I think $$$$ cloud them.

It would probably make us all sick at how much kick backs DR's and hospitals get frm the pharmacons....I think because of the insurance companies some DR's and Hospitals may not have much of a choice...

We need to get the pharamacons out of the medical industry....we also need insurance companies to start covering things like Nicotine patches, Chripractors and more holistic medicines, etc.

The pharamacons will slowly kill people until they are exposed.

I cannot blame just the DR's and pharamacons though....My generation (Iam thirty-eight) seems to thrive on the notion of the quick fix, so the pharamacons answered, it still does not excuse the behavior, but change must happen within first.

When I found out my tricglycerides were way to high I panicked. I wanted the immediate cure....

The DOC gave me what I asked for....that said I discovered just today that my TC count was fine it was my HDL level (30) and Triglycerides(way to high) and my Glucose Tolerance that is out of whack....

That and my Liver is not working properly, we do not know if this is because of all the meds(Xanax, WellbutrinXL-for cessation of smoking, and finally Advicor) I was on briefly or something else.

I do know that my GP failed me, they did not check my liver first, he did not tell me about CQE10 depravation, he did not expalin the muscle aches all over....

Now I am mad at the DOC, but I got over it....I have to control the things I know I am able to control.

I have been smoke free for 9 days....

I stopped drinking years ago....

I changed my diet immediately to very low fat....

I am starting a very low impact exercise program...

I will be taking supplements after my Chiropractor reviews all the tests he performed. UA, Blood, Stool and hair....

I agree it is a sham and a shame about statins, but I also believe in taking personal responsibility, which I have....

I think if enough of us start getting the word out change will come...
shawk

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs