My symptoms and Lipitor

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

My symptoms and Lipitor

Postby CatMom » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:23 am

I am a little slow and although I have been on Lipitor for years, I just made the connection to what has been happening to me. I am not sure of the time factor but I am going to work on finding that out.

I think this is how it went with me...
10mg when I first started. The onset of sudden knee joint pain, both knees at the same time without any warning, no prior knee problems.

20mg, Sudden odd swelling in my feet. Both feet, same places with no prior problem of swelling. The swollen spots hurt, fluid meds have no effect on the swelling. Have tried the whole 9 yards of what the doctors suggested to do for swelling, nothing worked, they are still swollen..

40mg, confusion and memory loss. Started in November and I noticed it right away. I live in fear that it will cost me my job since I am single and have always worked.

Edit, found my paperwork and I was upped to 40mg in October...confusion and memory problems started in November..

Along the way since I have been on Lipitor, I have experienced cramping in my feet that has had me puzzeled, get very bloated after taking it, have had indigetstion weeks at a time.

I am getting off the stuff and am going to try the things suggested here.
CatMom

Reply for "CatMom"

Postby sos_group_owner » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:37 pm

Hi CatMom,

Tapering off statins is the best (and safest) method of stopping statins. Statins
are a potent anti-inflammatory and stopping abruptly can place you at risk
of heart attack or stroke.
Please read the following articles by Dr Graveline...

"Stopping Statins": http://www.spacedoc.net/stopping_statins.html

"Statin Alternatives": http://www.spacedoc.net/statin_alternatives.htm

The primary reason for adverse effects from statins is "CoQ10 Deficiency":
http://www.spacedoc.net/statins_CoQ10.htm

Fran
sos_group_owner

Postby CatMom » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:35 am

I am proud to say I am OFF the stuff! That fog like state I was in seems to have lifted. I haven't taken the Aleve for the pain in my knee joints for about 3 days and so far have not had ANY pains there... BY GOLLY! I just checked that odd swelling in my feet and I swear, that is also going down!! I can hardly see it now.

I hate to think what would have happened to me had I not made the connection to what has been happening to me, to the Lipitor...ARGGG!
CatMom

Reply for CatMom

Postby sos_group_owner » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:14 pm

Re: I hate to think what would have happened to me had I not made the connection to what has been happening to me, to the Lipitor...ARGGG!

Hi CatMom,

Good for you! Glad to hear you are feeling better. We didn't make the connection until hubby was on statins for 8 years. An increase in dose triggered short term memory loss , TGA & several various AE's. Still some persistent memory loss 2 years later.

Fran
sos_group_owner

Postby CatMom » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:24 am

That is the really sad thing about these drugs... Some of the damage is permant and I think they need to pay for that along with the pain and suffering that a lot of us have been through. They take productive people and disable them in the name of "wellness"?
CatMom

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs