Stopped lipitor-how long til I feel better?

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Stopped lipitor-how long til I feel better?

Postby legalbeagle » Wed May 17, 2006 6:01 pm

Hello- I stopped taking Lipitor after 6 months of 10mg--

I started having shoulder and arm pain about 2 weeks ago-
I had been feeling very tired for about a month- finally the pain drove me see the dr.- he "thinks" it might be lipitor- I quit taking it 6 days ago- he order a blood test- lab screwed up- so I still have no results.

While the bad pain has stopped- I still feel achy all over -low grade fever that comes and goes- and still really really tired- I feel this is all due to lipitor although I don't know

Can anyone tell me when I can expect to feel normal again? I am despairing-

Thank you.
legalbeagle

Reply for "legalbeagle"

Postby sos_group_owner » Wed May 17, 2006 11:26 pm

Hello "legalbeagle" and Welcome to the Forum,

CoQ10 is the first thing you should try to recover from statins. The blood test your doctor ordered was most likely the CK or CPK test. These tests are not foolproof. They can come back negative but statins are still damaging your muscles. Regardless of the outcome you should NOT resume taking Lipitor.

Dr Graveline recommends "Statin Alternatives":
1) buffered aspirin - 81 mg
2) CoQ10 - 100 to 150 mg - gelcaps (not powdered) with vit E or take with vit E
3) folic acid - 400-800 mcg
B6 - 80-100mg
B12 - 200-250mcg
4) Omega 3 (fish oil or cod liver oil) [ There is no upper limit.]

These four items/categories have the same anti-inflammatory affect as 20 mg's of Lipitor, without side effects. That's the benefit of statins - they reduce "inflammation". The fact that statins also reduce cholesterol is irrelevant. Together Statin Alternatives are a potent anti-oxidant, they reduce platelet stickiness and control (toxic) homocysteine levels.

Please read Dr Graveline's article: Statin Alternatives...
http://www.spacedoc.net/statin_alternatives.htm

Fran
sos_group_owner

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs